FAQ's & Customer Contact
Hey y'all! Thank you for your interest in GTX Facepaint!
- What ingredients are in your facepaint, and are they safe for all skin types?
For us, transparency is key! Here is everything you need to know about our paints. Our ingredient list is as follows:
- Calcium Carbonate (35%)- This ingredient is a naturally occurring mineral that is commonly used as a filler in cosmetics. It is considered safe for use in cosmetics and is compliant with FDA regulations.
- Aqua (30%)- This is pure water.
- Glycerine (6%)- This ingredient is a humectant that helps to hydrate the skin. It is a common ingredient in cosmetics and is considered safe for use in cosmetics by the FDA.
- Polysorbate 20 (2)% This is a water-soluble surfactant derived from natural sources, and is commonly used in cosmetics. It is compliant with FDA regulations.
- Acacia Senega Gum (1%)- This ingredient is a natural plant-derived gum that is commonly used as a thickener in cosmetics. It is considered safe for use in cosmetics and is compliant with FDA regulations.
- Phenoxethanol (1%)- This ingredient is a preservative that is commonly used in cosmetics to prevent the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. It is considered safe for use in cosmetics at concentrations up to 1% and is compliant with FDA regulations.
- Color lakes (25%) - These are pigments that are created by combining a dye with a metal salt to create a stable, insoluble compound. The specific color lakes listed in our ingredients (CI 77891, 42090, 45380, 45410, 19140, 77491, 77492, 15850, 115985) are all approved for use in cosmetics by the FDA.
You will see our ingredients listed on the back of our paints. If you have questions about FDA compliance, here is the link to the FDA's site where they discuss which color lakes and ingredients are skin-safe (A good read for all facepainters!) FDA Color Additives List. Our facepaint does not contain any parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances. However, we always recommend doing a patch test before applying our facepaint to your face or body, especially if you have sensitive or allergic skin. Our MSDS is located at the footer of our site.
2. Is your facepaint cruelty-free and vegan?
Yes, our facepaint is cruelty-free and vegan-friendly. We do not test our products on animals, nor do we use any animal-derived ingredients in our formulas.
3. How long does your facepaint last on the skin, and is it waterproof or sweat-resistant?
Our facepaint is designed to last for hours on your skin without fading or smudging, however, like most face paint, if it gets wet, cried on, eaten over, etc., it will smudge and rub off, so the end-user should avoid crying, submerging their face in water or rubbing their face vigorously. This paint lasts a normal amount of time.
4. What colors are available in your facepaint line, and can they be mixed to create custom cakes?
We offer a wide range of colors in our facepaint line, currently 40 colors, from classic primary colors to metallics, to vibrant neon colors. You can choose which colors you like and create your own custom split cakes by cutting and crafting yourself! Our colors are highly pigmented and our large 120g containers are made with enough product that you will feel comfortable unleashing your creativity with our facepaint.
5. Is your facepaint suitable for children, and what age range is it recommended for?
This is a pro-grade line, and should only be used by professionals. Our facepaint is non-toxic and safe for the skin, but it should not be ingested or applied near the eyes or mouth. We recommend using our facepaint for children aged 3 years and above.
6. Are there any special precautions or warnings I should be aware of before using your facepaint?
As with any cosmetic product, you should always read the label and follow the instructions before using our facepaint. You should also avoid using our facepaint if your customer has acne, cuts, wounds, infections, or rashes on their skin. If your customer experiences any irritation, redness, itching, or swelling, they could be having an allergic reaction and should consult a doctor. Again, we suggest a patch test.
7. How can I store your facepaint to ensure its longevity?
To keep your facepaint in good condition, you should only handle your crafting cake with gloves to ensure minimal bacteria introduction. Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources. You should also keep the lids of the containers tightly closed when not in use to prevent them from drying out or getting contaminated. DO NOT DIP into your crafting cake. Instead, cut paint out and dip into a smaller container. You should also clean your tools regularly with soap and water to prevent bacteria growth.
8. Do you offer any discounts or promotions for bulk purchases?
Yes, we do offer discounts and promotions for bulk purchases!
- If you order $175+ you will automatically save 10% off your entire purchase!
- If you order more than $300 in product, you will save 15% off your entire order.
- Also, we have amazing influencers online with coupon codes of 10% up to the $175, so be sure to follow our hashtag #gtxfacepaint and find them on Insta and Tiktok.
- If you sign up for our newsletter or follow us on social media, you will get access to exclusive deals and coupons that you can use on your next purchase. We DO NOT sell your information or spam your inbox too much, We average two newsletters a month.
9. What is your return policy for your facepaint products?
In our post-covid world, most cosmetic manufacturers are no longer accepting any open-cosmetic returns. We will accept unopened, unused returns. If the item is damaged in shipping, we will replace it. You will need to provide proof of purchase and the original packaging of the products. You will also need to pay for the shipping costs of returning the products if it is not a damaged item. Please contact us through this form if you have any questions!